Hanoi is known as the "capital of the motorbike kingdom," with about 5 million bikes on the streets every day. This journey will transport you to a real-life Hanoi museum. Our skilled guides will provide you with a WOW experience in just a few hours on our modified USSR VINTAGE MINSK motorcycle. Take you on an off-the-beaten-path tour of Hanoi's backstreets and famous attractions while savoring some of the city's specialties.
There are several ways to see the city, but one of the most memorable is in an open-air war-time Jeep car. All you have to do in our one-of-a-kind Jeep is sit back and relax. Our guide will take you on a Jeep ride to explore the actual vivid lives of the locals as well as some of the most famous attractions.
The history of the popular Soviet motorcycle "Minsk" and the iconic Russian Jeep Gaz69
Soviet motorcycle "Minsk"
The bikes were originally introduced to Vietnam in the 1960s and then legally imported from the 1970s to the 1980s. They were first built in Minsk, Belarus (then part of the USSR).
A new generation of Vietnamese has begun riding Minsk motorcycles since the Soviet period. The former Soviet Union introduced these smoke-belching dirt bikes in the 1960s. They're referred to as 'iron buffaloes' because they're sometimes difficult to start, but once they're up and running, they'll go anywhere.
Soviet Bloc Cars Were Weird: GAZ 69
Many of us would immediately think of the military automobiles that were previously regarded as legendary on the highways of Truong Son during the war when we hear the words GAZ 69 or UAZ 69. This is a GAZ automobile that was made between 1953 and 1955. The automobile was manufactured at the UAZ factory from 1954 to 1972. This is why the "military legend" used to go by two different names: GAZ 69 and UAZ 69.
Say ‘hello’ to Soviet Russia's answer to the famous Willys MB (the Jeep) – a rough four-wheel drive light truck, produced in civilian and army variants. The GAZ 69 is a replacement for the GAZ-67B, with greater off-road capability and decreased fuel consumption. It was essentially an army vehicle that could also be purchased by civilians. It's a powerful off-road bike with a solid chassis and outstanding road angles.
- Morning: 08:00 – 12:00
- Afternoon: 12:30 – 16:30
- Evening: 17:00 – 21:30
Backstreet escapade: We'll drive through a maze of alleyways known only to locals, meet people, and learn about their backstories.
- Riding through the maze of winding backstreets, tight alleyways, and flea markets;
- Experiencing the world with all of your senses heightened: observing, hearing, touching, tasting, and smelling are all things that can be done;
- Seeing different slides of life behind the scenes, the hidden part of the iceberg, and the unknown aspects of the iceberg;
- Meeting individuals in their homes, places of work, schools, and places of worship;
- Personal connections and cultural exchanges are being formed.
The French and Old Quarters:
Hanoi is known as "Little Paris," because in the late 1800s, the French demolished old Vietnamese structures and replaced them with imposing French-style villas. We'll show you the Opera House, the Long Bien Bridge, and so on.
- Cruising through Hanoi's bustling Old Quarter, which is home to the charming French Colonial Quarter;
- Passing past the Ho Chi Minh memorial, Presidential house, Ba Dinh square, Temple of Literature, Tran Quoc temple, West lake, Truc Bach lake, Hoan Kiem lake, Opera House, Saint Joseph Cathedral, and train street, which are all must-see attractions in Hanoi.
Middle Island with Minsk motorcycle:
The island was formed by warp due to the abundance of water in the Red River, providing shelter for many fishermen. This is a forgotten part of town with no electricity or water supply. We'll show you how life is completely different down there.
- Take a stroll through the bright and serene flower, vegetable, and banana plantations;
- Observing various aspects of life and the disparity in harmony between Hanoi's city and countryside living;
- The famous and legendary Long Bien bridge is crossed.
Getting to know the new parts of Hanoi with Russian Gaz69/USA Jeep:
- Zipping around the West Lake, passing through the city's most peaceful areas, with ancient villages nestled around the West Lake, Truc Bach Lake;
- A frantic Hanoi with thousands of skyscrapers in the city's new areas;
- In Hanoi, I was able to experience different aspects of life as well as the contrast in harmony.
- Savoring 8 to 10 of Hanoi's culinary delights;
- Authentic local restaurants and odd street-side eateries;
- Egg coffee, local moonshine, green tea, water, finger food, and fresh local beer are all available;
- Extensive Tour Guide and Driver Experience Minsk motorcycle or Gaz69 or US Jeep car;
- Pick-up and drop-off services are available.
- Tips & personal expenses;
- Others not mentioned in the itinerary.