ReviewsNo reviews yet
There is no better way to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and meet the local people than hiking in the Reserve. You will be impressed by the scenery. The mountains, the rice field terraces and the valley make this place so special.
- A moderate hiking tour amid fresh nature of the Pu Luong Nature Reserve;
- Learning about the Thai communities in Pu Luong by visiting their villages;
- Timeless relaxing moments amid the captivating landscape of Pu Luong;
Tour Activity/Theme: Adventure, Hiking, Budget, National Park, Ecotourism, Family, Ethnic village, Sublime nature, Mountains
- Kindly please keep your car and driver in Puluong to transfer your guest during the tour.
- The itineraries are subject to change up to the weather condition.
Day 1: Village life and the community | 5 km easy walk - 2,5 hours
AM: You enter Pu Luong Nature Reserve by road via a breathtaking mountain pass giving you a panoramic view of the whole valley. You arrive at your accommodation in time for a delicious lunch, followed by free time to explore the beautiful retreat, with its captivating panoramic views and tranquil setting.
PM: You have the chance to get close to village life and interact with locals living in the hills above the Retreat. Glimpse at daily life, walk around working farmland and rice fields, and get to know more about the local cultrue. Walking back the retreat for nice dinner.
Day 2: Uoi – Lan - Hieu villages | full-day | 5 km walking combine with 3 hours cycling
This is a common and easy walk around the most beautiful valley of rice terraces in front of the Retreat. We start to descend into the beautiful valley facing the Retreat where you walk around tumbling rice terraces. Then we will walk through small paths shrouded in vegetation to slowly reveal a picturesque Uoi village sitting at the base of a towering mountain. Your camera will not be able to sit still when you see the panorama view of the village from above.
Continue walk down hill to a local home, where you can take rest then take a cycle to go cycling around Lan village. If time permits, we will visit a local family where we can learn about their traditional brocade weaving (not guaranteed). Cycling through the rice paddies and village to village, bridge to brigde to expolre more the scenic landscapes surround. You will end up at Hieu Village (the stunning village in the area), you will have a good chance to enjoy the Hieu waterfall, the sole one in the reserve. Ride back to the local home, where the car pick-up point. You will be transferred back to Puluong retreat for dinner.
Day 3: Bang scenic villages | half-day | 6 km trek
AM: After breakfast, take a short ride from the retreat to Dong Dieng village, Going down into the most beautiful valley in Puluong. Along the way you will have a chance to enjoy beautiful terrace rice fields and gorgeous mountains. Take a scenic trails winding to have a look of the landscape of rice field and the village, which were widen in your eyes. You will pass some homes on the way, You can come to visit any local family if you want, this is a great chance to learn more about life style and culture of the locals. It’s time to get back the retreat for lunch.
PM: Check out the retreat. See you next time!
- Private bed (House on stilt) or Private room with ensuite bathroom
- All activities are mentioned in specific itineraries
- Entrance and sightseeing fees
- Local guide (none-English speaking)
- Full board: 3 lunches, 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts
- Free Wi-Fi at Pu Luong Retreat
- Welcome drink
- 2 bottles of water in bungalow rooms daily
- Land transfer Hanoi - Pu Luong – Hanoi
- Transfer around Puluong during tour
- VAT invoince
- Drinks, Gratuities and other personal expenses
- English/French speaking guide