The Mekong Delta, often referred to as Vietnam’s rice basket, is the biggest rice-growing region in the country, the rich alluvial soils producing three harvests a year. Despite being a predominantly rural region, the Mekong Delta is one of the most densely populated areas in Vietnam and most of the land is under cultivation. Other delta products include coconut, sugar cane, fruit and fish.
Destinations: Ho Chi Minh City – My Tho – Cai Be – Cai Rang – Can Tho - Ho Chi Minh
- Witness daily people life at Mekong delta by staying at local family.
- Immerse yourself in the floating market.
- Navigate your boat and admire charming Mekong region.
- Best travel time is from December to August. September to November is the flood season however, sweeps everything away and brings a new face to the delta with its rich brown alluvial water.
- The Mekong Delta floating markets reveal their best in very early morning (about 5.00AM). “To get the best view of the places, there is no other way but getting up EARLY”.
- Somethings need to bring for your trip: sunglasses, hat, cover-up, sandals/flip-flops...
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City - My Tho - Cai Be (-/-/D)
Leaving Ho Chi Minh City, we depart for 2.5 hours to Mekong Delta - the Rice Basket of Vietnam. Our first stop-over is Dong Tam Snake Farm in My Tho City, where you can see a variety of snakes or My Tho Museum-the ideal place for admiring different cultures of ethnic groups in the Southern area. Tien Giang is also the concentration of fruits in the Mekong region. Then, continue to Cai Be commune and descend into a fantastic Ancient house which was built in the beginning of19th century and was combined between French and Vietnamese architectural styles. We check-in the Ancient house and have lunch with great healthy dishes cooked by the hosts in their green and fruity orchard.
Afternoon, continue to discover the area by wonderful bike ride. During biking, we will see people at work in their gardens or on the river and for sure will be offered plenty of fruits by friendly locals. Late afternoon, return to the Ancient house and attend in cooking class instructed by the hosts. Dinner in the homestay. Overnight in the Ancient house in Cai Be.
Day 2: Cai Be - Cai Rang - Can Tho - Ho Chi Minh City (B/-/-)
After breakfast at the homestay, board your boat and discover Mekong Delta. Stop to visit Brick & Pottery Factory - Handicraft Village - Floating House Village – Pop-rice, Coconut candy and Rice-paper making workshops - Cai Be Floating market. Back to the homestay afterwards and rest. Stroll around the village, visit either nursery garden or bonsai garden. Afternoon, transfer from Cai Be to Can Tho. Upon arrival, check in hotel and free for rest. Overnight in Can Tho.
Day 3: Can Tho – Ho Chi Minh (B/-/-)
After breakfast, we depart for visiting Cai Rang and Phong Dien floating market, a must-see destination of the Mekong region. It is time for your ideal boat navigating around and shopping for succulent local fruits and other products in this market, from a telephone card, a food stall, a petrol station or a hair cut shop. You can find all here at reasonable prices. The market normally finishes at noon.
Afternoon, time permits, you relax at your own convenience or walk here and there to capture the beauty of the region in your own eyes. Further, make our way back to Ho Chi Minh City after your fantastic time in the Mekong Delta. Arrive in Ho Chi Minh City. Tour finishes.
- Accommodation at homestay and hotel.
- Meals as indicated in the program.
- Private A/C transportation followed the program.
- Sightseeing and entrance fee as per the mentioned itinerary.
- English speaking guide follow program.
- Mekong Delta boat.
- Travel insurance.
- International airfare & airport taxes at all routes.
- Personal expenses.
- Early check-in and late check out charge at hotel.
- Tip for guide & driver.
- Visa to Vietnam.