Myanmar has reopened to foreign nationals from May 15, 2022. The country is now open to fully vaccinated tourists from around the world, entry restrictions have been eased gradually and foreign traverlers can apply for a visa and enter Myanmar.
International commercial flights to all Burmese airports had been canceled since the start of the pandemic and finally resumed in April 2022. Passengers must arrive at Yangon International Airport (RGN).
Holidaymakers can now visit the country for the first time in 2 years provided they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and meet the other entry requirements:
Tourist visa and COVID-19 tourist requirements:
1- You will need the following before you apply:
- Your passport validity must have at least (6) months.
- You have to upload one COLOR PHOTO (4.6 cm X 3.8 cm) taking during last (3)months.
- Visa, Master, JCB credit cards for the Online Visa payment.
2- A proof of return ticket from Myanmar must be attached to the application.
3- A proof of hotel booking must be attached to the application. Tourists must stay in registered hotels, motels, inns, guest house and resort during your stay in Myanmar.
4- Travelers must have the following documents:
- A certificate for full vaccination against COVID-19 at least 14 days before arrival to Myanmar, with one of the following vaccines which has been approved by the Ministry of Health (MOH). Vaccine Certificate must be attached to the application.
+ CoronaVac (Sinovac Biotech Ltd.)
+ AstraZeneca or Covishield (AstraZeneca & University of Oxford/SK Bioscience (Korea) /Siam BioScience/ Serum Institute of India (SII))၊
+ Pfizer- BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine or Comirnaty (Pfizer Inc., & BioNTech)၊
+ Janssen or Johnson & Johnson (Janssen Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson & Johnson)၊
+ Moderna (ModernaTX, Inc.)၊
+ Sinopharm or COVILO or BIBP-CorV (Beijing Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd)၊
+ Sputnik V (Gam-COVID-Vac) (Gamaleya National Research Centre of Epidemiology and Microbiology)၊
+ Sputnik Light (Gamaleya National Research Centre of Epidemiology and Microbiology)၊
+ Covaxin by Bharat Biotech၊
+ Myancopharm by Ministry of Industry, Myanmar၊
+ Nuvaxovid (NVX-CoV2373) vaccine, Novavax Co.,Ltd၊
+ COVOVAX (NVx-CoV2372), Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.၊
+ CorBEvax TM, Biological E, Limited
- (Children under 12 years old are exempted from this requirement, if they travel with fully vaccinated parent(s) or guardian(s). The name of vaccine, country and date(s) of vaccination must be clearly stated in the certificate, along with the particulars of the travelers according to their passport.)
- A negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before arrival to Myanmar must be presented at the airport health counters. (Children under 6 years old are exempted from this requirement. The negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result and the date of the test taken must be clearly stated in English, along with the particulars of the travelers according to their passport.)
- Inbound Travel Accident Insurance Policy with COVID-19 coverage purchased from Myanma Insurance. Insurance Certificate must be attached to the application. (Detailed information can be obtained at the Myanma Insurance’s website mminsurance.gov.mm and the insurance can be purchased online at www.mminsurance.gov.mm/inbound-travel-accident-insurance.)
5- Travelers must present a printed copy of each document mentioned in the paragraph 1 to airline staffs upon check-in before boarding the aircraft destined for Myanmar as well as to the respective airport health authorities upon arrival to Myanmar.
6- Travelers must submit a Health Declaration Form to the respective airport health authorities upon arrival to Myanmar. (A legal action will be taken against a traveler, if he or she provides any incorrect information in the Health Declaration Form.)
7- Travelers shall be subject to a thermal screening and necessary health check to be conducted by the respective airport health authorities, upon arrival to Myanmar.
8- Travelers must undergo a COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Diagnostic Test (RDT) at the place designated by the Ministry of Health and airport authorities and must bear the cost of 15,000 MMK.
9- Travelers who have obtained Online Visa are who are foreigners shall not be allowed to take relief flights.
10- Travelers shall report to the respective health authorities if they have developed signs and symptoms of COVID-19 during their stay in Myanmar. (Contact details of the respective health departments can be obtained from the designated hotels.)
11- Travelers shall be immediately isolated and taken to a hospital or treatment center or hotel designated by the MOH as per health protocols, if they are found to be symptomatic of COVID-19 or they are tested positive for COVID-19 during the RDT test.
12- If the result is negative, travelers are allowed to go about their activities.
13- Travelers must strictly follow the instructions made by the respective health authorities. Any breach will result in legal action in accordance with the existing laws and procedures.
14- The stipulations are subject to change depending on the COVID-19 situation.
With an aim to develop tourism sector and to have a harmonized tourism with the neighbouring countries, e-Visa (Tourists) applications was allowed and accepted from 20 May 2022.
Requirements for the application of Online e-Visa (Tourists) will be available at the Ministry’s website https://evisa.moip.gov.mm/
The Ministry of Immigration and Population resumed the Online e-Visa services on on 1st April 2022 for business visa applications to facilitate the entry of foreign investors and businessman to Myanmar. Moreover, commercial international flights operations are allowed to operate in accordance with the Covid-19 rules and regulations of the Ministry of Health and therefore, the number of foreign visitors to Myanmar has been increasing.
If you apply for bussiness visa, you will need to show business company ‘s recommend letters and Covid dose certificates. You will need to bring COVID doses certificates and must bring 72 hours PCR TEST when entering Yangon Inter’ Airport.