You can find many goods from silk scarves, decoration ornaments to household objects here at relatively cheap price in Sihanoukville. Phsar Leu, or upper market is the largest traditional market in town. Phsar Leu, located near Omui Street, is also famous for its dimmy lit, partially roofed setting which will provide visitors will real view of traditional trading style in Cambodia.
Sihanoukville offers a range of unique souvenirs that you can consider buying. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Kroma Scarves: Kroma is a traditional Cambodian scarf typically made from cotton fabric with vibrant patterns. They make for a colorful and traditional souvenir.
2. Handicrafts: Look for handcrafted items such as wooden carvings, pottery, and silver jewelry. These items showcase the local craftsmanship and are often intricately designed.
3. Traditional textiles: Cambodian silk, known as “ikat,” is renowned for its beautiful patterns and vibrant colors. You can find silk scarves, shawls, or clothing made from this fabric.
4. Kampot Pepper: Cambodia’s Kampot region is famous for its high-quality pepper. Consider buying some Kampot pepper as a unique culinary souvenir for yourself or as a gift.
5. Coconut products: Sihanoukville is surrounded by coconut plantations. You can find various coconut-based products like coconut oil, soaps, and handicrafts made from coconut shells.
6. Cambodian Art: Look for paintings, prints, or sculptures created by local artists. These art pieces often depict scenes from Cambodian culture or landscapes.
Remember to explore local markets like the Phsar Leu Market and Phsar Leu Thmey to find a wide range of souvenir options. Also, bargaining is common in Cambodian markets, so don’t hesitate to negotiate prices.
Create your custom-made trip to Sihanoukville, Cambodia
Travelling to Sihanoukville? Chat with a local travel specialist in Sihanoukville, who can help organize your trip.