5-day trip in Southern Vietnam, discover bustling Saigon (Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral and Saigon Central Post Office, Vinh Nghiem pagoda, Ben Thanh market), a day trip in historic Cu Chi Tunnels to discover the system of tunnels deep underground to withstand the destructive power of the bomb attack by most of the US military, cruise trip down the Mekong river.
- Explore Saigon – a modern metropolis with heavy influence of French architecture from the colonial time.
- Travel back in time to the region’s wartime at Cu Chi tunnels.
- Take a boat trip on Mekong River and experience the daily life of local people.
- Valid through 31 October 2022.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
- The domestic airfare is subject to change depending on the time you book.
- Depending on the weather, road and/or river conditions, flight schedules, room availability or other reasons beyond our control, the tour program might need small adjustments when necessary.
- The suggested tip is US$ 3.00/person/day for guide/driver if you feel satisfied with their service.
Day 1: Saigon Arrival (Guide)
Upon arrival at Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Saigon, you will be warmly welcomed by our tour guide and transferred to your hotel for check-in and rest. Overnight in Saigon.
Day 2: Saigon City Tour & Shopping (Breakfast & Guide)
You will start the morning city tour with a visit to the Reunification Palace (Ex-Presidential Palace) which was built in 1962 and is well-known as an outstanding example of 1960’s architecture, Center Post Office and Notre Dame Cathedral (to watch the French architecture buildings built during the French colonial times.
In the afternoon, you will continue Saigon shopping tour at big shopping malls for the international brands and high quality Vietnamese brands, Saigon Square (for International brands made in Vietnam clothes, this is where local people go to buy), and Ben Thanh Market – a symbol of Saigon. After this last destination, you can go back to hotel or enjoy at the market as it is center-located and get back to the hotel on your own. There are many halal restaurants nearby the market, there is one very good bar right on the left of the market (OMG bar) and all the good restaurants are around with 1-2-3 dollars by taxi you can reach from the market. Back to hotel. Overnight in Saigon.
Day 3: Saigon – Cu Chi Tunnels – Saigon (Breakfast & Guide)
Today, you will experience one of the trip highlights with an exciting experience of the Cu Chi tunnels – an immense network of connecting underground tunnels used by Vietnamese Revolutionary army during the anti-American resistance war with over 200km long and 12m deep. The tunnels served as hiding spots, communication and supply routes, hospitals, food and weapon caches and living quarters for numerous North Vietnamese fighters. You will be well guided to discover this amazing tunnel with unforgettable feelings. Back to Saigon for relaxing. Overnight in Saigon.
Day 4: Saigon – Mekong Delta – Saigon (Breakfast & Guide)
Depart Saigon for My Tho (located in the heart of the Mekong Delta). Upon your arrival in My Tho, take a boat on the Mekong River and its multiple canals to Ben Tre. Visit a coco candy factory where you can taste the unique local specialties. After enjoying honey tea and fresh tropical fruits in a local garden, enjoy a short local coach drive before a very romantic sampan through a water coconut forest to return to your big boat. Back to Saigon for relax. Overnight in Saigon.
Day 5: Saigon Departure (Breakfast & Guide)
Free until check out time at 12:00 PM. Transfer to the airport for your flight back home.
- Hotel accommodation based with daily breakfast
- Meals as indicated on the program
- Private (A/C) transfers and transportation on tours
- Sightseeing and entrance fees on tour
- English speaking guide as indicated on the program
- Mineral water and cold towel on car/van/bus
- VIP greet and meet service at the arrival airport
- Vietnam visa processing service
- Meals, drinks and other personal expenses
- International and domestic flights
- Payment transfer fee
- Others not mentioned in the itinerary