Yangon has now adapted a more cosmopolitan character by engaging more Western food outlets beside the neighborhood countries’ traditional cuisines. One of the most wanted restaurants in town is the 50th street bar and grill, which offers not only high quality food but also a spacious, lively and comfortable place to hang out.
Aung Thukha is a great choice for a real taste of Burma local food with a wide range of curries including pork, fish, beef, chicken, goat, duck, and prawn, especially free curries refill is always customers’ favorite. Another plus for this restaurant is that you can truly get closer to local people as it is their favorite hangout place.
50th Street Bar and Grill
50th Street is not only a great place to meet for lunch or a drink we also pride our selves in offering high quality western style dishes at a reasonable price.
- Place to eat: No.9/13, 50th Street, Botataung Township
A restaurant filled with local people and a great place to sample a wide range of Myanmar foods.
- Place to eat: 17-A, 1st Street, West Shwegondine, Bahan Township (just south of Thai Kitchen)
Italian Restaurant, specialising in pizza and pasta with a few other dishes (sandwiches, salads, burgers) thrown in.
- Place to eat: No.104, University Avenue Road, Kamaryut Township
Golden Duck (Kan Taw Min)
One of the standard good-food Chinese restaurants with several outlets in the town.
- Place to eat: Kan Taw Mingalar Garden Compound, Shwedagon Pagoda Road, Dagon Township.
Green Elephant Restaurant
A successful mini-chain in Myanmar, The Green Elephant serves dishes to suit all palates, with a strong emphasis on Burmese.
- Place to eat: 33, Thirimingalar Lane (Attia/Augustine Road), Kamayut Township
Inya 1 Restaurant and Bar
Inya 1 restaurant & bar presents French and Italian Authentic Cuisine with a modern twist. Upstairs at the Bar we create extremely cool cocktails and chill out music – stay late and listen to the rhythms and vibrations of the latest around the world sounds.
- Place to eat: No. 1, Inya Road, Kamayut Township
Jin Bao Seafood Restaurant
A welcome addition to the Chinese dining scene, they Jin Bao has live seafood to select from, and main dishes like double cooked spicy pork, and crab with sweet corn. Soup, hot plates, salads, and vegetarian food are also on the menu.
- Place to eat: 61-B, Min Ye Kyaw Swar Rd., Ahlone Township
Le Planteur Restaurant and Bar
Modern European and Indochinese dining in served in a stunning colonial house with lush gardens in central Yangon. The prices are suitably high but the dishes are worth every cent. Superb wine list too. Treat yourselves to an evening of all-round high class.
- Place to eat: 22, Kaba Aye Pagoda Road, Bahan Township
L’ Opera Restaurant and Bar
L’Opera is idyllically situated in an old colonial era-building set amongst a large and manicured tropical garden beside the romantic Inya Lake. L’Opera authentic Italian cuisine is popular not only with expatriates and foreign visitors but also with Myanmar.
- Place to eat: 62D, U Tun Nyein Street, Mayangon Township
Monsoon Restaurant and Bar
Monsoon Restaurant and Bar adds a unique touch to the Yangon scene.The food, décor and atmosphere provide diners with a true Southeast Asian experience. Reading the menu is an education in itself.
- Place to eat: 85-87, Theinbyu Road, Botataung Townshi
A restaurant and unplugged with a live band serves a wide variety of European and many Asia cuisines.
- Place to eat: Ahlone Road, opposite Summit Parkview Hotel, Ahlone Township
One of the very few “ Fine Dining” Restaurant offering authentic Myanmar Cuisine retaining the Home cooked flavor and health conscious. Padonmar is the best restaurant in Yangon to experience the authentic Home-cooked Myanmar and Thai cuisine.
- Place to eat: 105/107, Kha Yae Bin Road, Dagon Twonship (near Governor’s Residence)
Sky Bistro is located on the top floor of the Sakura Building, across from the Sule Shangri-La Hotel. It has a diverse selection of international dishes and one of the best panoramic views in the city.
- Place to eat: 20th Floor, Sakura Tower, 339 Bogyoke Aung San Rd., Kyauktada Township
Located next door to Summit Parkview hotel, the menu here has pages devoted to cheap and tasty Singapore hawker food (think Hainanese chicken rice, rojak , mee goreng ) as well as Chinese-influenced seafood dishes.
- Place to eat: 330. Ahlone Rd, International Hotel Compound, Dagon Township
The Coriander Leaf
The Coriander Leaf is an Indian Restaurant serving mostly Northern Indian cuisine and a good selection of vegetarian dishes.
- Place to eat: #12. Yangon International Hotel Compound, Ahlone Road, Ahlone Township
Create your custom-made trip to Yangon, Myanmar
Travelling to Yangon? Chat with a local travel specialist in Yangon, who can help organize your trip.