The nightlife scene in Hanoi and Saigon is booming. After dark, you will see these two cities getting a breath of fresh air with numerous bars, pubs and beer corners. From bars with shisha lounge, imported wines, spirits and cocktails, clubs where you can mix and mingle with party-loving youthful locals or dance your heart out to sophisticated upmarket rooftop bars, you can have it all. Read on find out where to go partying, drinking or just enjoy lively nightlife in two most vibrant cities in Vietnam.
The best part after stumbling out as drinking too much? Street food is never too far away from your reach. Now go on and choose for yourself the best bars and beer corners in Hanoi and Saigon.
BARS AND BEER CORNERS IN HANOI
Bia Hoi Junction
Set in the centre of Old Quarter, Bia Hoi Junction is widely-regarded as the quintessential nightlife spot in Hanoi. This area is particularly popular with backpackers as they can enjoy the famous bia hoi (Vietnamese draft beer) for as little as VND 5,000.
The atmosphere here is very busy, housing numerous shophouses with plastic stools spilling out onto the streets as well as makeshift stalls selling various snacks such as steamed peanuts, fried tofu, and beef jerky.
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 AM – late
- Address: Ta Hien & Luong Ngoc Quyen street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
Legend Beer Hanoi
Legend Beer Hanoi occupies the third floor of a building in downtown Hanoi, with a sweeping terrace that overlooks the bustling traffic and Hoan Kiem Lake.
As Legend Beer Hanoi brews its own drinks, the price range is slightly pricier than most bars within the Old Quarter. Most tourists usually come here for the view, as the chaotic streets below are almost at touching distance thanks to the low level of the terrace.
- Recommended Menu: wheat beer, dark stout, menu of German-style dishes (pork knuckle and sausages
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Address: 01-03-05 Dinh Tien Hoang street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Tel: +84 43 776 1666
Playboy Establishment Hanoi
It’s the first official Playboy Establishment to open in Vietnam, making it a popular spot amongst affluent travellers. Every Wednesday, ladies get to enjoy free cocktails from 20:00 until midnight, followed with a 50% off on cocktails until 02:00. True to its name, dancers here are dressed in signature Playboy bunny costumes, while DJs spin a variety of music to keep the crowd dancing.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday – Sunday 7:00 AM – 02:00 AM
- Address: 136 Hang Trong Street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi (inside Apricot hotel)
The Bank Hanoi
Features: the biggest nightclub in Hanoi, view of Hoan Kiem Lake live tunes
The Bank Hanoi is currently the biggest nightclub in Hanoi, boasting three venues that play different upbeat tunes until late. The nightclub is set on the sixth floor of Hanoi’s Capital Building, where you can enjoy a great view of Hoan Kiem Lake and downtown Hanoi. Attracting a well-dressed crowd of locals, expats and tourists, its music policy comprises hip-hop, top 40 hits, lounge, deep house, and house tunes while drinks here are relatively inexpensive compared to most nightclubs in Hanoi.
- Price Range:
– Cocktails cost VND 150,000-VND 200,000 while
– Budweiser and Corona cost approximately VND 120,000.
- Opening Hours: Daily 8:45 PM – 00:45 AM
- Address: 6th Floor, Capital Building, 41 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
Hero Club Hanoi is an industrial-style nightlife venue where you can dance the night away with party-loving locals and expats. The establishment is decorated with colourful murals of popular superheroes and propaganda posters, while the DJ booth is set within an old Soviet truck. The music policy here ranges from EDM and deep house to hip-hop and R&B while drinks are priced at VND 75,000 onwards. A ten-minute taxi ride from downtown Hanoi, themed nights with great drinks promos and international DJs are held regularly at Hero Club Hanoi, resulting in a loud and fun party scene
- Opening Hours: Daily 20:00 – Late
- Address: 42M Yen Phu Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
Dragonfly Bar Lounge
Dragonfly Bar and Lounge is a longstanding venue in Hanoi Old Quarter where 20-something locals and expats come to mingle and dance. With a music policy varying between hip-hop and party pop music, the two-storey venue is fitted with a spacious dance floor and pool tables on the ground floor while a hookah bar is set on the top floor. Happy hour promos are from 19:00 until 22:00, offering spirits and mixers for only VND 70,000.
- Opening Hours: Daily 10:00 – 23:00 (may stay open later if busy)
- Address: 15 Hang Buom, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Tel: +84 43 926 2177
Hanoi Press Club
Features: gentleman’s club style, live music, a special buy-one-get-one-free on select drinks every Thursday
An upscale bar that’s known for its excellent service and sophisticated setting. Attracting a more affluent clientele, the gentleman’s club-style bar serves excellent wines, champagnes, and cocktails as well gourmet western delicacies while the spacious terrace offers great views of Hoan Kiem Lake and downtown Hanoi. You can also enjoy live rock music from Thursday to Sunday and a special buy-one-get-one-free deal on select drinks every Thursday.
- Recommended Menu: wines, cocktails, tasty bar snacks..
- Opening Hours: Daily 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM & 5:00 PM – Late night
- Address: 59A Ly Thai To Street, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Tel: +84 43 934 0888
Sunset Bar at InterContinental Hotel
- Features: West Lake view, five-star service
- Recommended Menu: signature cocktails and premium wines.
- Opening Hours: Daily 4:30 PM – 0:00 AM
- Address: 5 Tu Hoa Street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
- Tel: +84 46 270 8888
La Fee Verte Bar
Live music: Piano from Tue – Thu: 06:00 PM – 09:00 PM
La Fee Verte or ‘The Green Fairy’ is the only bar in Ha Noi serving the well known Absinthe. During the last 150 years, this alcohol has been the source of inspiration for numerous artists, especially those in Paris in the early 20th century.
- Address: Ground Floor, Hotel de l’Opesra – 29 Trang Tien, Hoan Kiem, Ha Noi
- Tel: +84 4 6282.5555 ext 6421
- Opening hour: 7:00 AM – 01:00 AM
MK Rooftop Bar & Restaurant
When it comes to nightlife in Hanoi City, there’s no better place to party in style than a sleek rooftop bar. Offering panoramic views of the old quarter. Attracting a steady clientele of expats, celebrities as well as affluent locals and tourists, A totally relaxed atmosphere and a set of delicious eats contribute to the enjoyment of excellent cocktails.
- Address: 72 -74 Hang Buom street | Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi 0084, Vietnam
- Tel: +84 4 3266 8896
- Opening hours: 10:00 AM – 12:00 AM
BARS AND BEER CORNERS IN SAIGON
Q Bar Saigon
- Address: 9A Ngo Quang Huy, Thao Dien, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City
- Features: spacious and luxurious space, live hosts bands and DJs
- Fancy Menu: savoring the distinctive cocktails.
- Opening hours: 5PM – 2AM
- Address: 138 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Features: basement of Ngon 138, near Reunification Palace, unique drink
- Opening hours: 6PM – 2AM
- The Mad Hatter is a must-try!
The ATM Bar & Kitchen
- Address: 27/10 Nguyen Binh Khiem St, District 1, HCMC
- Features: Pasteur street, Artistically arranged paintings, acoustic performances and gentle saxophone
- Opening hours: 5PM- 12AM
- Address: 12 – 14 Mac Thi Buoi, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Features: Thai style, light and music of Racha Room, near Saigon Centre Shopping Mall
- Fancy Menu: cozy dinner, unique cocktails
- Opening hours: 11:30AM – 12 AM (4PM – 12AM on Sat, Sun)
The Corked Tales Bar
- Address: M floor, 6 Le Thanh Ton, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Features: luxurious space and warm lighting,
- Fancy Menu: 6 refreshing cocktails, their recipes feature six elements – Water, Fire, Air, Earth, Wood and Metal, mixed by the young, talented and enthusiastic bartenders of The Corked Tales. It is very creative and tasty, a great experience. Cocktails start at 220,000 VND ++, with happy hour offering 50% OFF from 5-8PM.
- Opening hours: 10AM – 1AM
Sax N Art Jazz Club
Sax N’ Art Jazz Club welcomes you to enjoy saxophonist Tran Manh Tuan’s unique blend of contemporary jazz with traditional Vietnamese influences amidst the cozy ambiance and inspired performance of the Sax N’ Art Band as they bring you rendition of classic jazz pieces from legends such as John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, Sony Rollins and others.
- Address: 28 Le Loi Street, Saigon
- Tel: +84 838228472
- Opening hour: 5:00PM – 12:00 AM
- Price range: 150 000 VND – 275 000 VND
- Live music: Jazz band
DISCOVERING MEKONG DELTA
Should you need further information, contact our travel consultants !