Eating is one of the great joys of travelling in Vietnam. Traditional dishes are made of fresh ingredients as well as lot of vegetables, making Vietnamese cuisine one of the healthiest recipes around. You may see a wide selection of dining options in Da Nang, from charming street-side cafes to more sophisticated restaurants on the beaches, especially on My Khe Beach.
If you would like to try some of Da Nang’s local specialties, you don’t need to go far to find them. ‘Hủ tiếu’ (rice noodles served with pork soup) of the south, ‘mì quảng’ (rice noodles serve with every kinds of meat without soup), ‘bánh tráng’ (a thin, large, round steamed rice flour cake) and Cau Mong rare beef are indispensable in the menu of travelers to Danang.
Vietnamese traditional cuisine
Visitors to Da Nang has quite a few options to choose from, such as the relaxing street-side cafes, tasty noodles joints and the more sophisticated restaurants on the beaches, especially on My Khe Beach (aka China Beach). However, the food here is diverse and abundant. Do not forget to try exotic local specialities Quang Nam’s Noodles (Vietnamese: My Quang), Danang Beo Cake (Vietnamese: Banh beo), noodle salad with pork and anchovy fish sauce (Vietnamese: Bun mam), sizzling cake (Vietnamese: Banh xeo), Nam O raw fish salad, jelly-fish salad, Vietnamese thick noodle soup, sweetsoup and so forth!Place to eat:
- Banh Xeo Ba Duong located at K20/23Hoang Dieu St for sizzling cake
- Madam Nga – 193 Dong Da St.; Madam Cam – 54 Le Duan St. for Vietnamese thick noodle soup
- Chen Shabu Restaurant, 29 Pham Hong Thai St.
- Apsara Restaurant, 222 Tran Phu St.
- Blue Whale Restaurant, Son Tra- Dien Ngoc St.
- Memory Lounge, floating restaurant on Han River
- Heaven Restaurant, Le Loi St.
- Blue Whale Restaurant, 5-6 Hoang Sa St.
- Syrena Restaurant, 1C-1D Hoang Sa St.
European and other Asian cuisines
If you are looking for a getaway from local specialities and rice dishes, a plenty of restaurants in Da Nang offer a variety of exotic European and Asian food, ranging from French, Italian to Chinese, Japaness, Thailand, Indian.Place to eat:
- Mumtaz, 231 Tran Phu St.
- Golden Dragon Restaurant, located at Mercure Hotel, Lot 1A, Green Island
- Ashima 7 Restaurant, 54, 2/9 Road
- Kim Do Restaurant, 180 Tran Phu St.
- Gogyo Restaurant, Lot 22, Truong Sa, Hoa Hai W., Ngu Hanh Son
Create your custom-made tour to Da Nang, Vietnam
Travelling to Da Nang? Chat with a local travel specialist in Da Nang, who can help organize your trip.