Travellers might have known Vietnam through its distinctive culinary culture of local specialities such as Bun Cha in Hanoi with a great combination of savoury grilled pork and its flavours dipping sauce or Hu Tieu in Sai Gon – a subtler version of Pho featuring a clear pork-based broth and an assortment of pork toppings. But little do travelers know that Vietnam also offers a wider range of cuisine along with various unique restaurants catering for visitors with Italian, Turkish and Indian dishes or simply just a tasty burger and an iced coke. Let’s try a different taste of Hanoi and Saigon and track down every corner of both alluring cities to find your favourite restaurants.
What to eat in Hanoi?
Dining out in Hanoi seems to be not very challenging as visitors can easily find a vast array of dishes that are only prepared in Hanoi and dishes enjoyed in other regions. Therefore, within this wealth of delicacies, all sort of luxurious as well as mid-range restaurants always readily open their door to welcome every food lovers. Here are some of the most enjoyable restaurants you can put on your list for a food tour:
1. Halal restaurants:
• D’Lions Restaurant – Singaporean & Malaysian Halal Food – Ground & 8th floor of Cosiana Hotel 92 Le Duan street, Hanoi, Vietnam
• Allante Restaurant – Vietnamese & other Asian food – Sunway Hotel Hanoi, 19 Pham Dinh Ho Street, Hai Ba Trung District
• Khazaana Halal Indian Restaurant – Indian Food – No. 1C Tong Dan Str., Hoan Kiem Dist
• Little India Restaurant – Indian Halal Food – 32 Hang Tre Street, Hoan Kiem
• Tandoor Restaurant Hanoi – Indian and Halal food – 24 Hang Be Street, Hoan Kiem Dist
• Namaste Hanoi – Indian Halal Food – 47 Lo Su Str, Hoan Kiem
2. Arabic restaurants
• Daluva Restaurant – Middle Eastern Food – 33 To Ngoc Van, Tay Ho District, Hanoi, Vietnam
• Beirut Restaurant – Middle Eastern Food – 37A Xuan Dieu, Quang An Ward, Tay Ho District, Hanoi.
• Golden River Restaurant – Chinese, Asian, British, Middle Eastern, Burmese – 34 Nguyen Truong To Street, Ba Dinh Distric, Hanoi
• NAN n KABAB – Middle Eastern, Pakistani, Asian, Turkish – 49 Xuan Dieu, Tay Ho, Ha Noi
3. Fast-food restaurants
a. KFC: The unique taste, hospitality, and the ambience of the restaurants remain key factors to the success of KFC in Vietnam as well as all over the world.
In 1997, KFC opened its first restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. To this day, this fast-food restaurant chain has extended its presence to over 140 restaurants in 19 cities and provinces of Vietnam.
Here are some suggestions for KFC restaurants:
• KFC Hoan Kiem: 3C Ly Thai To st., Hang Trong ward, Hoan Kiem dist., Ha Noi
• KFC Pho Hue: 353 Pho Hue Street, Hai Ba Trung District, Ha Noi
• KFC Ba Trieu: 292 Ba Trieu st., Le Dai Hanh ward., Hai Ba Trung dist., Ha Noi
You can find other KFC restaurants near your location here
b. Burger King: BURGER KING® commenced operations in Vietnam since 2011 through the opening of its first restaurant at Tan Son Nhat Airport.
BURGER KING® Vietnam operates more than 20 BURGER KING® restaurants in Vietnam where customers can enjoy the great and healthy flame-grilled taste of our products.
• BK Lo Duc: 125 Lo Duc, Dong Mac ward, Hai Ba Trung, Ha Noi
• BK Hang Buom: 54 Hang Buom, Hoan Kiem, Ha Noi
• BK Giang Vo: Kiosk 2, 1st floor, block C4, Giang Vo, Ba Dinh, Ha Noi
You can find other Burger King restaurants near your location here
Hotline: 18006048 (for delivery)
c. McDonald’s: McDonald’s Vietnam is prepared to meet the expectations of modern Vietnamese customers for the highest quality quick service meals with professional service. McDonald’s is not only famous for their delicious menu items such as Big Macs, Egg McMuffins and Chicken McNuggets but also for their QSC&V: Quality, Service, Cleanliness & Value.
• McDonald’s Ho Guom: No.2 Hang Bai, Trang Tien, Hoan Kiem, Ha Noi
What to eat in Saigon?
Just like Hanoi, Saigon also has a diverse culinary culture where visitors can enjoy the best dishes from Western cuisine to Asia dishes. Here are some of our best suggestions for your craving for a different taste of Saigon:
1. Halal Restaurant:
• The Daun Restaurant – Authentic Halal Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore and Western food – 194 Le Thanh Ton Street, District 1, Ben Thanh Ward, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam.
• Halal@Saigon Restaurant – Halal Vietnamese, Malaysian, vegetarian food – 31 Đông Du, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
• Baba’s Kitchen – Indian, Vietnamese, Vegetarian food – 164 Bui Vien Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
• Warung 1 Malaysia Restaurant – Asian and Malaysia food – 47 Nguyen An Ninh Street, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
• Berru Turkish Coffee & Restaurant – European & Turkish food– Sc3–1 My Khang, Nguyen Luong Bang, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
• Keidai Makanan Melayu Champa – Halal, Vietnamese, Malaysian food – 111/33 Huynh Van Banh, Phu Nhuan District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
• Punjabi Indian Restaurant – Indian food – 175/16 Pham Ngu Lao, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
2. Arabic Restaurant:
• Hummus & Grill Restaurant – Arabic, Indian, Lebanese, Mediterranean, Turkish,Halal, Moroccan – 75/16 Pham Ngu Lao St., Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, HCM City, Vietnam
• Beirut Garden – Arabic, Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Halal, International – 74/13D Hai Ba Trung St., District 1, HCM City, Vietnam
• Pasha Restaurant – Turkish, Middle Eastern, Halal, Mediterranean – 25 Dong Du St., Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, HCM City, Vietnam
• Warda Restaurant – Middle Eastern, Lebanese, Moroccan, Turkish – 71 Mac Thi Buoi St., Ben Nghe, District 1, HCM City, Vietnam
• Sahraan Restaurant – Turkish, Arabic, Halal, Mediterranean – 6 Truong Dinh St., Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, HCM City, Vietnam
3. Fast-food restaurants:
• KFC Diamond Plaza: 5th Floor Diamond Plaza, 34 Le Duan st., Ben Nghe ward, dist. 1, HCMC
• KFC Nguyen Thai Hoc: 35 Trinh Van Can st., Cau Ong Lanh ward, dist 1, HCMC
b. Burger King:
• BK Pham Ngu Lao: 275 277 Pham Ngu Lao street, ward Pham Ngu Lao, District1, HCMC
• BK Pham Hong Thai: 74-76 Pham Hong Thai Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, HCMC
• McDonald’s Da Kao: 2-6 Bis Dien Bien Phu, Da Kao Ward, Dist. 1, HCMC
• McDonald’s Ben Thanh: 2-2A Pham Ngu Lao, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, HCMC