ReviewsNo reviews yet
Destination: Hanoi, Vietnam.
Tour time: 09:00 – 13:00 or 15:00 – 19:00
Highlight: visit countryside markets, visit vegetable fields, learn to cook lunch/dinner with locals' homes
On this trip, you will have the opportunity to discover a local market that dates back to the time of King Le in 1428. Revered as the most renowned marketplace in the region, it boasts a plethora of traditional wares available for purchase. As you leisurely wander through the lively stalls, you will be captivated by the kaleidoscope of vivid items being sold beneath the weathered canopy of old trees.
Adjacent to the marketplace lies a splendid vegetable farm, replete with a plethora of verdant produce, ranging from bitter melon, corn, cauliflower, cabbage, tomatoes, green peas, soybean, oranges, pomelos, papayas, guavas, and bananas. Along the way, you may join a farmer working in the field and learn about local farmers' cultivation techniques and lifestyles.
After a captivating excursion, you will immerse yourself in the local culture by joining a cooking lesson at a resident's home. The hospitable hosts will eagerly impart their knowledge of preparing cherished Vietnamese delicacies, utilizing the freshest vegetables and fruits that you had previously encountered. Then you will savor the delectable meal together while listening to Vietnamese family customs.
- Children is under 5 years old is free
- Children from 5-11 years old is 50% charge
- Children from 12 year old up is applied adult price
- Đình Phương Viên temple, Đê Song Phương, Hoài Đức District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Note: Countryside market visit is only available in the morning.
- Leave Hanoi center to the west of the city.
- Start at the traditional local market.
- Visit the beautiful vegetable farm next to the market and admire the variety of produce growing, including bitter melon, corn, cauliflower, cabbage, tomatoes, green peas, etc. Along the way, you may join a farmer working in the field and learn about local farmers' cultivation techniques and lifestyles.
- After the inspiring visit, head to a local's house where you can participate in a cooking lesson. The locals will teach you how to cook some special Vietnamese dishes with simple and traditional recipes, using fresh vegetables and fruits that you saw earlier at the farm and market.
- Enjoy a delicious meal together and talk about Vietnamese family customs, leaving you with a deeper understanding and appreciation of the local way of life.
- Lunch or Dinner
- Local host guide English speaking
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Welcome drink, 1 more drink on the meal
- Transfer & travel insurance