About 100km from Hanoi, Ninh Binh is the right choice for travelers who do not have much time but want to explore the majestic and tranquility nature. Ninh Binh offers tourists options to learn about the history of the land, to trekking adventurously in Cuc Phuong national park, or see marvelous sceneries, temples, and grottos by simple wooden boat. Can you imagine yourself as the main character in a dreamy and romantic ink wash painting of a vagabond on a small boat singing some ancient song in the middle of the river? That thrilling experience always sent a chill up travelers’ spines. For more insight, we will give you the complete guide to 4 famous boat rides dock in Ninh Binh.
Why You Should Choose Boat Tours
- As the boat whisks you away onto hypnotic scenes of the blue sky, pure stream of water, majestic karst mountains, golden rice fields planted alongside the river… you will actually see that the view of Ninh Binh is enchanting to feel every relaxing moment.
- Ninh Binh Boat Tours are famous not only for sites such as Tam Coc – “Ha Long Bay on Land,” but also for wonderful experiences such as riding a boat by foot, which delight tourists. According to locals, this unusual method relieves pressure on boatmen’ back and arms.
- Indulge in the atmosphere of a mini floating market where local people sell a variety of food, snacks and drinks on boat.
Discover Boat Tour Docks in Ninh Binh
Trang An Dock
“Trang An is recognized as a world natural heritage. There is the beauty of limestone mountains combined with winding rivers. Besides, there is the beauty of pagoda architecture (Bai Dinh Pagoda) with extremely elaborate and large-scale arhat statues (e.g. 500 Arhat statues…)”
- Address: Trang An, Tan Thanh, Hoa Lu, Ninh Binh.
- Travel: Only 90km from Hanoi capital. Can go by train (more than 2 hours), by car is 1 hour 40 minutes. About 3km from Hoa Lu ancient capital and about 7km from Ninh Binh city to the west along Trang An Boulevard.
- Price of services:
|Adults over 1.3m tall||250,000 VND/ 1 person|
|Children from 1m – 1.3m||120,000 VND/ 1 person|
|Children under 1m||Free|
|Single kayak||250,000 VND/boat for 2 Hours
300,000 VND/boat for 3 Hours
|Double kayak||350,000 VND/boat for 2 Hours
400,000 VND/boat for 3 Hours
“ Tam Coc is a poetic and historical land, also one of the places to see the ripe rice fields on both sides. This land is also known as Ha Long Bay on land. With a view from above, the scenery looks more like a stunning painting than reality.. ”
- Address: Dam Khe village, Ninh Hai commune, Hoa Lu district, Ninh Binh province, 9.6km from Trang An.
- Price of boat: 150,000 VND/person/trip
Van Long Dock
“ Van Long lagoon is the largest wetland nature reserve in the Northern Delta, which owns two records of the Vietnam Record Book Center in 2010 which are: “The place with the largest number of white rump langurs” and “The place with the largest natural picture”.
In addition to the values of flora and fauna, Van Long also owns wonderful landscape paintings. Sitting on an old bamboo boat with friends can leisurely go through the ravines, flanked by tall grasses, interspersed with water. The idyllic landscape makes everyone feel relaxed and peaceful. ”
- Address: Gia Vien District, Ninh Binh province, 85.8km from Hanoi.
- Price of boat: 150,000 VND/trip
|Children ( < 1m tall )||30,000 VND/trip|
|Elder ( ≧ 60 years old )||30,000 VND/trip|
Thung Nang Dock
“ The scenery is unspoiled but not deserted, splendid but not too magnificent, beautiful but not bland. It is the wild beauty that creates the highlight of Thung Nang. ”
- Address: Dam Khe village, Ninh Hai commune, Hoa Lu district, Ninh Binh, 106km from Hanoi.
- Price of services: 100,000 VND/person.
Assessment of The Destinations
- Admire the water lily in the Fall
- Tam Coc has only 3 caves, but Trang An has a very large cave system (48 caves, 20km long).
- The primary forest system is very diverse with 300 species of flora, more than 300 species of mammals and more than 50 species of birds. There are types listed in the Vietnam Red Book.
- Get more Kayaking experience this year.
- There is a place to restore the ancient Viet village
- Crowded in high season
- There is also a boat ride on the river, mountain views but no rice on either side
- Long boat ride time (3-4 hours)
Tam Coc – Ha Long Bay on Land
- Tam Coc means “Three Caves”, here visitors will be able to take a boat tour through 3 large caves: Ca cave, Hai cave, Ba cave (which means the First Cave, Second Cave and the Third Cave)
- Sailing in the middle of ripe rice fields changes color with the seasons in the sight of the stork wings.
- Ideal spiritual destination due to its proximity to famous places such as Hoa Lu Ancient Capital, Bich Dong Pagoda, Bai Dinh Pagoda, Tran Temple, Thai Vi Temple.
- On the way, there are Thai Vi temple and Thien Huong cave. This is the place to worship the royalty of the Tran Dynasty such as king Tran Thai Tong, king Tran Thanh Tong, generals such as Tran Hung Dao, Tran Quang Khai and Queen Tran Thi Dung.
- Travel time is shorter than Trang An ride (2 Hours).
- Crowded in high season
Van Long – Waveless Bay
- Being chosen as a film set of KONG: SKULL ISLAND (2017)
- Van Long is known as “The Waveless Bay” because when sailing on the swamp, visitors will see the water surface as clear as a giant mirror reflecting both the limestone mountains with interesting shapes and the ecosystem beneath the water.
- As the largest nature reserve in the Tonkin Gulf, Delacour’s langur now resides here.
- Wild, rustic, natural scenery.
- The end of May and early June is the lotus season, the whole space is dyed pink by lotus petals.
- In the dry season from November to April next year, all kinds of animals and langurs will descend the mountain, visitors can watch them.
- The closest location to Hanoi compared to the other 3 spots.
- Sailing on a wooden boat brings authentic and rustic experience.
- Cheap ticket price.
- Travelers like the crowd, bustle of destinations may find this dock not intriguing.
Thung Nang – Valley of the Sun
- Newly exploited destination so few people know about it.
- FULL OF SUNSHINE!
- Unspoiled scenery and extremely peaceful with many caves and reeds.
- There are ancient temples inside the cave and on the cliffs. Vooc Temple is built entirely of limestone, and meticulously carved.
- You can visit Thung Nham (Valley of Mountain) to see the flocks of birds in the afternoon.
- Not much investment, so the landscape is very wild. Small, empty temples
- Sailing on an iron boat and no life jacket included.
- The furthest place out of 4 spots.
● Trang An is quite famous and easy to access. The scenery is beautiful and especially it is near Bai Dinh pagoda, which is world famous for its architecture and construction. Well planned but still retain the natural beauty. Large cave system. Suitable for most tourists, especially those who love to explore caves, domestic tourists, spiritual tourists. But in the high season, boat prices are high, crowded and the phenomenon of luring travelers appears.
● Tam Coc has unspoiled beauty with paddy fields, the highlight of this destination. Attract visitors by beautiful, majestic scenery. Suitable for foreign guests who want to admire the rice fields, non-Buddhist guests, and love nature.
● Van Long, as a Nature Reserve, there are many species of animals, including those in the Red Book. There are also ripe rice fields. Suitable for visitors who love nature, animals, photography,… and want to admire the wild and majestic beauty of the world, peace and seek tranquility. The ticket price of Van Long is also cheaper than Trang An and Tam Coc.
● Thung Nang: The landscape is still quite wild, not many beautiful scenes and not as famous as the rest of the places. Peace and quiet are easily boring. But it will be suitable for guests who like to explore on their own, do not like crowded noise, love nature, self-sufficient travel, backpacking, photographers,…
Each dock has its own unique features, hopefully through this article, you can choose a tour to your preference and experience the beauty of Ninh Binh!